Delighted to learn that the Cemetery Dance signed hardcover edition of THE BOOK OF BABY NAMES sold out its limited run of 600 copies, within 24 hours of the publisher’s announcement! Some copies may still be available on the secondary market, and an eBook will be forthcoming eventually. In the meantime, here’s the book description, cover, and full details about the stories inside!
Sandra picked up the dull, saddle-stitched book. The child on the cover laughed, a mischievous gleam in her eyes. Water stains on the front cover blurred the outline of some of the child’s teeth, making a few look sharp, like an animal’s. But the girl laughed, so everything was okay.
Sandra didn’t realize The Book of Baby Names was a work of fiction. And that the stories inside were horrifying….
This mini-collection from Bram Stoker Award-winner Norman Prentiss contains six tales about sinister or endangered children. Features two never-before-published stories, “The Baby Truck” and “The Well-Adjusted Child,” along with a new Foreword/Afterword that places all the tales in an additional disturbing context.
Full Table of Contents:
- “The Book of Baby Names—Foreword and Afterword” ©2016 by Norman Prentiss, original to this collection.
- “The Baby Truck” ©2016 by Norman Prentiss, original to this collection.
- “The Albright Sextuplets” ©2008 by Norman Prentiss. First appeared in Shivers V.
- “The Covered Doll” ©2010 by Norman Prentiss. First appeared in Black Static magazine.
- “Homeschooled” ©2009 by Norman Prentiss. First appeared in 4 Stories.
- “In the Best Stories…” ©2006 by Norman Prentiss. First appeared in Shivers IV.
- “The Well-Adjusted Child” ©2016 by Norman Prentiss, original to this collection.